Internship Opportunity at Gallery One
About Gallery One:Founded in 2014, Gallery One is a contemporary art gallery based in Ramallah, Palestine.
The gallery commits itself to present a Palestinian cross-disciplinary program of solo as well as occasional group exhibitions. Moreover, the gallery aims to promote both established and emerging contemporary artists from Palestine and it possesses a large selection of modern artworks by renowned Palestinian artists. Gallery One produced many new bodies of work for many of its artists, such as Bashar Alhroub, Khaled Jarrar, Majd Abdel Hamid and others.
In its contributions to re-define society’s understanding of contemporary art, the gallery fills the gap between the artists and the public audience. It collects, revives and preserves the visual arts linking them to the world around us.
Gallery One is seeking an intern for a committed period of 3 months starting from 1 May - 30 July 2016 (full-time).
The intern responsibility will include:
- To open and close the gallery on certain dates to be determined in advance
- Greet customers in a friendly and approachable manner
- Learn about the artists that are being shown in the gallery
- Managing cloud-based inventory system and contact database
- Assist in the preparation of the exhibitionsand other art related activities(printed material, iPad presentations, scheduling, travel, art shipments)
- Maintaining and updating online presence (website, artsy, social media, mass emails)
- Assisting artists, clients, and visitors
- Answering phone calls and taking messages
- Keeping the gallery clean and organized, ordering supplies
- Light art handling
- Occasionally running errands or travelling to other galleries or artist’s studios to transport work.
- Manage daily office work and assist in any other task if needed.
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Background in art or art history
- Good command of English and Arabic is essential
- Proficient knowledge of PC platform and Microsoft Office
- Basic comprehension of HTML
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate with a strong attention to detail
- Writing, editing, and proof-reading abilities
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Self-initiator, ability to work under pressure and flexible
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team but also to work independently
- A required driver’s license.
Flexible schedule available with a required three-to-four-month time commitment. This internship is unpaid, with a daily stipend to cover transportation and lunch expenses. The candidate may also arrange with their college to receive course credit.
A CV and a cover letter must be submitted in English no later than the 20th of April 2016 to: